I made it through a whirlwind of eventful happenings. In a blink of an eye, two months of my internship have already passed. A trip to Bali has also ended on a good note. During our time in Bali, we will remember how we were graciously hosted by the locals, other tourists and strangers.
Bali was a picture a minute, a smile everywhere you turned. Each day presented us with endless opportunities to enjoy each other’s company, delve deep into each other’s minds and tolerate with different travelling needs & wants. All the above, we wouldn’t have experienced if not for this trip.
If there’s a chance, I would love to be back again when the weather is cooler and perhaps with a different company. In case you’re visiting this enchanting place, here’s the place where I stayed and some other noteworthy places and things I like to share.
Accomodation: Dewani Villa (Kerobokan) – huge room and off the beaten tracks
Places I recommend:
- Padang Padang Beach – very popular among surfers ; pristine waters
- Sukawati Market – selling local produce, handicrafts, clothes, fabrics, shoes (remember to bargain for at least 30-50% lower)
- Mount Kintamani and Lake – Breathtaking view uphill and downhill when you get close to the crystal clear lake
- Rock Bar at Ayana Resort – luxurious experience as we caught the sunset while at the bar located at edge of cliffs. Must not be missed!
- Visit a street stall and try their Babi Guling Rice. It’s essentially roasted pig stuffed with different spices. The whole pig is then carved and served with rice and other dishes.
We couldn’t have conquered all the above without our taxi driver. Initially, we boarded his cab with an intention of only a 1-way trip. Minutes into our journey, we were won over by his opinions of what to eat, do, and see. Later, we ended up spending an entire day discovering Bali with him. He is Mr Putu Astawan, do connect with him (+6281 23807592) if you’re looking for skilled and experienced driver to show you around. 12 years in this driving line, we can’t help but trusted him with our travelling needs.